Saturday, October 31, 2015

An Alcohol Culture

A couple of days ago I texted my granddaughter who is a soph at BU and subtlety said, "be careful with all those parties and drinking too much." In fact, it is a simple fact: We live in an alcohol culture, plain and simple. If you really want to discover this, the next party/gathering you go too, just observe without drinking yourself. 

Recently my wife and I were invited to an anniversary party. It was not in our town and so we had to drive We decided ahead of time which of us would drink and the other a designated driver. It was a wonderful get together. Quality all around. Of the thirty or so there, I venture to say that I was the only one not drinking. The waiters kept filling the glasses. In a word, I saw personalities change. Some in remarkable ways. Not bad, just different. 

We live in an alcohol culture. What am I saying? Good or bad. Not really but basically I can’t think it’s good for us. 

No comments: