Friday, February 06, 2015

The Buddy Babb Method

My friend Buddy Babb. He was this great guy who was kind of like a mentor to me before there was such a thing as mentors.  

I met him when I was the janitor at this placed called, Therma Fax Copying Machines, the forerunners to printers, etc. They got "short handed" and Buddy asked me to make some service calls. I said, I don't know anything about these machines. He says, "I don't either. Here's what you do. Open up the cover. Peer down in it, jiggle the gears. Close it up. Open it up. Then turn it on and see what happens. Nine times out of ten, it worked. Recently, my wife had computer printer problems. Most of the time, she is pretty sure that I can do nothing. At a stage of desperation, she asked for help. I applied the Buddy Babb philosophy. I open it up, jiggled a few things around. Didn't work. Tried again. Nothing. It would act like it was but not. I closed everything. Opened it. It worked. The Buddy Babb philosophy. 



No comments: