Sunday, March 16, 2014

CONNECTING THE DOTS

THE PREZ GETS NO CREDIT
One of the stories I read recently was about the Obama factor which had to do with his lagging polls. This sort of bullshit becomes a type of self fulfilling prophesy. The best example I know are the vets I hang out with--Several receive various Vietnam benefits which they were only able to get because the President simplified the claims process. For instance for Vietnam vets or any veteran to file a claim for PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), they had to have all this collaborating paperwork, the process was laborious and most Vietnam vets who needed the services of VA, plus the meager compensation, gave up. (I know because I was attempting to help them). 

I never filed a claim as I always figured it was just a price to pay for being in combat, plus I didn't need it. But, many of my fellow vets that I knew in Vietnam were suffering and desperately needed help that they couldn't get. The President changed all that with a signature. And, for some odd reason that escapes me, the Vets either don't get the fact of what the president did or refuse to accept it, The President made it possible for them to now easily file their claims. They only have to prove they were there, i.e. in Vietnam. Easy. And, yet they are really disparaging of the President. I don't get it. What is so hard about connecting the dots. 

Now, stretch this out to the country at large. The election in Florida won by the Republicans, for example. The vast majority of people voting for the Republicans are on social security, medicare, etc., yet decrying government intrusion. Where the f..k do they think these programs come from. That is just it. They don't think. 





No comments: