Thursday, November 22, 2012

A CARCUSS TURKEY

The Thanksgiving I remember the most is Vietnam. It was always a little funny to me that the war kind of stopped on holidays. We had this Lieutenant in Charley company. The greatest guy. Tall, blond, really handsome and he played a "mean" guitar. All those songs like Gentle On My Mind. He sounded more like Glenn Campbell than Glenn Campbell. The Company was close into the FSB ( Fire Support Base) mainly so all the troops could be served a turkey dinner. Our Brigade commander was a little of a nut to me, but I liked him. He insisted that the troops have a carcass turkey, meaning that the troops could actually have slices of a turkey as opposed to canned turkey. It was a wild idea but somehow we had all these turkeys. . A nice idea but we were at war even though not a lot was going on. Things were going pretty smoothly. I was planning to make my rounds to one or two of the Companies (company is roughly a 100 men or so). The Lieutenant stepped on a booby trap and was killed. It put a real damper on the day. War is awful. Sorry, mahal KO, running off at the mouth here. I love you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will find absolutely loads of details like that to take into consideration. That is an incredible point to bring up. I supply the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where one of the most valuable thing will likely be working in honest decent faith. I don?t know if most desirable practices have emerged around things like that, but I'm sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls really feel the impact of just a moment's pleasure, for the rest of their lives.


Youth NFL Jerseys