Thursday, March 31, 2011

WHAT THE HELL DID I EXPECT??????

When I advocated taking Qaddafi out, my thinking was, now or later but ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) that I am, it was only later that I suddenly remembered my thoughts when we invaded Iraq. The same: It is now or later. At that time, I opted for NOW. Big mistake. 8 years later and counting, we are still in Iraq and I am still suspicious that we'll get out clean. And, for most of the residents, they'd like to have Saddam back. Sure as hell, they'd have more electricity in Baghdad. And, if we are going to get anything out of our foray, costing precious young lives, I don't know what the f..k it is. We are not even getting a cut on cheap oil. I've fretted about Iraq, from the moment we went in--and the literature backs it up: it is as though we could screw up a two car funeral parade. I have envisioned guys like Rumsfelt, Wolfawizw(sp), and then Fieth, the one that General Tommy Franks called the "dumbest man in America," sitting around and saying, "how can we f..k this up."

We were not long into Iraq until I regretted my view. And, when we started bombing Libya, suddenly I felt the same way. Not so much, here we go again as it was "heavy heart" time. Three wars. Damn! And, although I was glad to see France and Britain take the lead, it didn't seem like very long when all of a sudden, it was us. I don't know the ends and outs of the strategy, the plan as most Americans don't but we can't let this drag on. And, based on history, this could embroil us. Here's my plan. Take a few more days to destroy tanks and anything related. We hope something is already happening to arm the rebels. Then, announce that we've accomplished the mission and depart with maybe an occasional flyover just to let Qaddafi know we're around but leave it to what happens happens!!!!

No comments: