Thursday, November 25, 2010

QUESTIONABLE "DECISION POINTS"

Listening to the former president is painful. I actually like the guy and sad to say, I voted for him the first time around. My comments aren't personal even if they sound that way, really; but the guy is still in denial. Presidents, like all politicians, never apologize to the people or to governments. None of them ever say, "I f...ed up or f..k you very much, I'm going to do what is right and f..k the next election." Forget it. It ain't gping to happen with any of these assholes, regardless of their politics

W. says he doesn't regret Iraq. Thinks he did the right thing. Even after no weapons of mass destruction, thousands of American lives lost, millions of dollars, much of it foen yhe drain; and with most Iraqis wishing Saddam was back--still, George is sticking to his guns. I've always felt he was a little or a lot dumb, letting those like Cheny and Rumsfeld, both who should be in jail, lead him around by the nose.

I'm going to probably thumb through the book (doubt he really wrote it. Probably a good editor, let's face it, to be fair, most of these politico's don't write their own stuff, i. e., JFK's Profiles In Courage that won a Pulitzer; recently, in his obit, the true author admitted he wrote it. I guess you have to die to tell the truth on a politician). Jimmy Carter's recent memoir is a better read than Bush's Decision Points and surely more enlightening.

No comments: