Thursday, November 25, 2010

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH LOTS OF AMERICANS

When I went to my local bookstore and discovered that the number one book for the store was by Glen Beck, I almost fell over. You have got to be kidding me! I thumbed through it and basically thought, "Rush Limbaugh revisited." Then there was George W's, Decision Points. A couple more by Beck, one even on Christmas: then there's the other bigot on Fox, O'Reilly, has one. What the hell.

So we've had Beck's rally on the very mall where Dr Martin Luther King, Jr., made his "I have A Dream" speech, This guy has a "pair.

Fast forward past the rally. As the news media that I respect reported it: a combination of an old fashion revival meeting and patriotic rally. What! The content of the rally was hard to argue with, even squeezed Sarah Palin to stay clear of politics.

And, another thing that greatly impressed: Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson's replacement and who'll show up in a millisecond if a camera is around, guided his own crowd to merely peaceful repartee. Maybe most important, in my view, and a fact that distinguishes us from other nations is that we didn't have a single person blown up by suicide bombers. Way to go Americans.

No comments: