Saturday, January 30, 2010

WHAT WAR IS WORST

Probably, those3 who serve think their war is the worst. It surely is when they are in it. Some chaplains recently weighed in at my request. The Question:

Compare the Army now and when we were in during the late sixties and early seventies.

It was worse in the sixties and seventies. I stopped taking my family to movies on post because of vulgar and racial stuff, not to mention violence. I looked out my office window one Sunday afternoon and watched about 30 blacks with clubs wade into a group of whites. Our Bn Cdr issued cheap cameras to soldiers throughout the Bn and said just take photos and I will sort it out. He did, too, calling soldiers out of formations, showing the photos, then sending them to the brig. I first wore a clerical collar then, thinking that with it I might obtain a bit more respect and safety. The priority of assignments was Vietnam and a lot of what Germany got was bad stuff. Also, I met an NCO that had made E-6 in a bit over 12 months, promoting to fill slots with what was available. He was pretty sharp, but definitely not sufficiently experienced to be an E-6. Ch (Col) LH, USA. Ret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the velcros are all over 220 dollars everwhere. But completely I base this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you tell me about these?