Sunday, March 01, 2015

CHEATED

If I were a North Carolinian. I am, in fact. I would be ashamed of UNC CHAPEL Hill. If even a portion of the book, Cheated, is right, as Mom would say, scandalous. Honestly, we are crazy and we have an insane look at sports and winning. 

The WSJ had almost an entire page review of the book. This has made big splash and is an indictment of bigtime sports, in general. Players with 400 on the SATs, which is basically illiterate, can't read, getting "As" in courses they never attended. 

Coaches make over a mil, not just UNC but most Universities where football is king. The idea of win win. 

My suspicion is that it will now be "kill the Messenger." I doubt the book will make much difference. The stands will still be full at UNC, NC State, Alabama, etc. 

The sports like football will continue to bring in big bucks. And in my skepticism, a book like, Cheated, will cause a "ho hum."

No comments: