Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Tea Partiers or Hypocrites--take your pick

Which brings me to the tea partyiers. What the heck are they so riled up about? Seems like a lot of them are people our age. What the squat do they have to complain about? Medicare? Social Security? I mean I hate to break the news to them but that's where a lot of our tax dollars go. Oh, and did I mention national defense? It seems to be that a lot of these people want the country to go back to "where it used to be." One of my conservative friends said something to that effect and I replied that if that were the case then we'd all be wearing powdered wigs and long white stockings, the NRA would be backing the ownership of muzzle loaders and some of us would own slaves. He said I was being a smart ass and that what he meant was people want the country to go back like it was when we were kids. Well, I said that just isn't going to happen. I mean the technology isn't the same for starters. Then there's the demographics. And so on. Things do not remain the same - ever.

No comments: