Monday, July 14, 2008

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

I once had a blog called, Most Americans Are Stupid. I did away with it after the last elections mainly because the voting public surprised me. I had become jaded on the idea that our President had poll numbers almost like he does today and still got elected. My big thing was the war--how could we be so stupid after Vietnam to get ourselves into an impossible situation like Iraq. Hence, I had the need to write about it in a blog, but after the election and regaining faith in my fellow Americans, in honor of them, I deleted the blog, not that anyone was staying up nights reading it anyway.

I feel like in many ways, it is time for the blog again. Why? Well, Rush Limbaugh for one thing. Honestly, talk about fluxmoxxed. Here is a guy who was a dope head and should have gone to jail. He used his maid to get the drugs for him and yet he is supposedly in command of a 40 mil salary per year with 20 million listeners daily. Who are these people who would listen to this guy? The NY Times Magazine did a centerpiece on him a couple of weeks ago. I was amazed--to give such a guy this much ink is amazing and reduces in statue a magazine like the Times by at least 50% in my mind.

Still, this many Americans listening to anything this blowhard has to say simply floors me. In the same somewhat category is Howard Stern--how does it happen! He almost commands an entire radio hemisphere and yet, if you were to remove the "F" word and a few others, his vocabulary would be reduced by about fifty percent. Crude is not even close to the word. Who are these people who listen to this guy? And, in my biased view, the best we can hope for is that these listerners of these bigoted a'holes don't vote. Maybe it is time for my blog back again!

No comments: